You must have tried many savory or sweet avocado recipes, but have you ever had eggless avocado cake? If not, then your love for avocados is surely questionable. You can use it both in the cake batter or topping cream to get the creamy, rich taste likewise with a slightly green texture. Talking about the calorie count, the buttermilk avocado cake is much lighter than the usual cake. So, you now don’t have to let your tummy suffer and not eat desserts. Let’s look at how we can bake such a healthy and tasty avocado cake at home.
We can have the avocado cake with or without glazing or topping. For making it we will require:
Avocado Cake For The Cake Batter
- 2 Ripe Avocados
- 2 ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup butter at room temperature
- 1 cup of sugar
- Four medium-sized Eggs
- 50 ml of milk
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Ground Nuts (optional)
For Glazing or topping:
- ½ cup Avocado Paste
- 2 tsp powder Sugar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Nuts or topping
- Preheat the oven 10 minutes prior to baking at 350O F.
- Cut avocados into half, take out the pulp and mash it. Add lemon juice to this paste and mix it until it starts to turn creamy (it’s better to mix it with a fork instead of the blender).
- Add butter, sugar, and salt to it and mix them well. Now add eggs one at a time with continuous mixing and set the batter aside.
- Sift the flour and baking soda in another mixing bowl and start adding it to the above prepared mixture in steps. You better divide the flour into 3-4 portions, and once you thoroughly mix one portion, add the other one.
- Add milk to this batter to get a smooth consistency with no lumps. Add nuts at this stage if you don’t want to add any cream toppings and moreover want to make a loaf out of it like banana bread.
- Grease a loaf pan or a cake mold with butter, line with butter paper, and also grease it.
- Pour the batter in the mold and pat it 2-3 times on your counter to remove the air bubbles.
- Bake it for 45-50 minutes or until you get a clean toothpick when inserted at the cake center.
- Take it out and let it rest on the counter for at least 10 minutes meanwhile prepare the glazing or cream topping for it.
For The Glazing:
- Glazing is pretty straightforward; what you have to do is spray it with lemon juice, sugar syrup, dust with caster sugar, and top with nuts to serve.
- Whereas for the creamy topping, take mashed avocados, add sugar and lemon juice to them and mix them well.
Assembling: Avocado Cake
- Cut the cake into two halves and also apply the avocado paste on the top of the lower base. Cover it with the other half and likewise use a smooth layer of the creamy paste to cover the cake.
- Dust with the icing sugar and chill in the refrigerator to serve.
These avocado cakes will let you enjoy therefore the thick creamy texture of topping having calories three times less than the usual cream on your cake. So, treat yourself with this yummy avocado cake.