There is a huge variety of local and street food in Bombay because Bombay barbecue has its own unique place in it. Bombay Barbecue is one of the most liked styles of barbecue in the world. It is very easy to make but still requires some grilling skills. In Bombay, people have different ways of making Bombay barbecue. Some make it spicy whereas some make it in a sweet and sour taste. Overall everyone loves this style of barbecue and use to make it on weekends and on parties. So if you want to try it then just follow these 3 easy steps but get these ingredients too.
Beef Ribs: Bombay Barbecue
We will be preparing BBQ Beef Ribs. Likewise, to make the Beef Ribs you will need:
1kg beef ribs (short)
- 3 tbsps. olive oil
- A tsp of red chili
- 2 tsps. garlic or ginger paste
- 1 tbsp. turmeric
- 4 tbsps. yogurt
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsps. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. garam masala
- salt to season
- Lastly 1 tsp. ground coriander
For Kashmiri Rice
We will be using Kashmiri Rice as serving. To make Kashmiri Rice you will need:
- 2 tbsp of coriander
- Moreover 2 chopped green chilies
- 10 raisins
- 2 tbsps. olive oil
- ½ tsp orange rind
- 500 g of cottage cheese
- 60 g pistachio nuts
- 150 g cashew nuts
- 1 medium cucumber (chopped)
- 3 cups of cooked Spekko grain rice
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 1 medium tomato (chopped)
- 50 g mint (chopped)
- 6 dried apricots
- 150 g pineapple (chopped)
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tbsps. whole cumin
- 5 tbsps. Yogurt
Steps: Bombay Barbecue
- First of all, for beef ribs, we will make the marinade. Take a big bowl and add salt, yogurt, olive oil, ground black pepper, and also garam masala in it and mix them together for 2 to 4 minutes.
- Then add lemon juice, ground coriander, red chili powder, and ginger or garlic paste and combine them properly.
- Next, take each rib and wash them. Then remove extra fat from them if any fat is attached to it.
- Take each rib and coat it with marinade nicely so that no place on the rib is left without marinade.
- After coating, take 2 or 3 plates and place coated ribs in them, cover them with plates or bowls, and put them in the refrigerator for 4 to 5 hours.
- Then barbeque them until they are grilled properly. Heat should be of medium level. Make sure both sides of the ribs are grilled.
- Finally, for preparing Kashmiri rice, mix cumin with yogurt, raisins, salt, mint, apricots, and pineapple in a bowl.
- Then add onion, orange rind, cucumber, paneer, tomato, pistachio nuts and cashew in it and mix properly.
- Next Drill the olive oil over green chilies and add rice in another bowl.
- Add the prepared yogurt mixture in the rice bowl and garnish them with coriander.
- Your Bombay barbeque rib beef with Kashmiri Rice is ready.
Try this amazing Bombay barbecue with simple steps that guarantee great results. They are easy to make and delicious. With one try you can impress your friends, family, and loved ones alike.