Are you planning to bake a cake for the weekend dinner to treat your family? Then why not to try the classic chocolate cake the favorite of every age group. Wonder why we call it the classic chocolate cake? As you can get a thorough taste of chocolate from the soft and tender base till the creamy chocolate frosting. Today we are here with exciting traditional cakes for you that you must try. With the below mentioned readily available ingredients and also with simple baking steps, you can bake a bakery level rich chocolate cake:
Ingredient: Classic Chocolate Cake
Let’s divide the ingredients into two parts that we likewise need for making the sponge and the frosting for the traditional cakes:
Cake Base/ Sponge:
- ½ cup of cocoa powder
- Secondly 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- ¾ cup milk
- ½ cup boiling water
- ¼ cup of cocoa powder
- 400 grams of chocolate
- ½ cup powder sugar
- Pinch of salt
- Lastly 1 cup butter
- Preheat the oven at 325O F for around 10 minutes. Next sieve the mix of baking soda and powder with cocoa powder and also flour.
- Add the water and milk to this mix with continuous mixing to avoid lumps formation.
- Take another bowl and add butter and sugar in another bowl and beat them with the help of an electric beater for 2 minutes or until it gets a creamy texture. Now add sour cream to this mix and again whisk to mix them properly.
- Now add eggs one by one with continuous beating. Don’t add both at once to get a fluffy texture. Add vanilla extract to this mix and again mix for a while.
Combining: Classic Chocolate Cake
- Start combining both the mixes in y adding the butter and cream mixture into the flour mixture.
- Add a small portion at a time and then mix them in folds to maintain the texture.
- Take two cake baking molds, grease them with oil and dust them with flour evenly. Divide the mixture into two equal parts and therefore pour them in these grease cake molds.
- Let the pair bake for 20-25 minutes before taking them out
- Take out the freshly baked cake and allow it to cool on the counter for 10 minutes.
- For the frosting dissolve, the cocoa powder in a small amount of warm water to likewise form a paste.
- Beat together the butter, sugar, and moreover melted chocolate to form a fluffy mixture.
- Add the cocoa paste to this mixture and mix well to get a uniform taste.
- Level both the baked cakes with the help of a sharp knife. Arrange the cake on to the tray and therefore uniformly add the frosting on top
- Place the other sponge on the top and also now spread the remaining frosting to cover the whole of the cake. Level with the help of a knife.
- Allow the cake to rest in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours. Cut into pies and serve.
This is how you can make your own rich chocolate cake as it’s tastes better if served cold.