Have you ever tried experimenting with your favorite dishes with some seasonal fruit or vegetable add-ons? Today we are going to share one such recipe where we will also add the delicious mango dip to the basic salsa and chips recipe. There is nothing more refreshing than mango salsa to eat on a hot summer day. It’s a perfect blend of taste and colors to feast your tummy as well as your eyes.
How to Eat salsa: Mango Salsa
Although mango salsa is a complete dish in itself with a blend of sweet, salty, sour, and spicy taste. But you can add it to other dishes as well for a better flavor and texture. Like you can:
- Serve it with wafers, nachos, and likewise chips of your choice as an appetizer.
- Add beans, olives, mushrooms, boiled Potatoes, and another vegetable chopping to make a delicious and nutritious salad.
- Serve it with Fish, chicken, or beef steaks.
- Toss it in your ideal pasta
- Add it to the burritos, tacos, and burgers.
So, there are hundreds of ways you can use your mango salsa to add to other dishes.
Recipe to Make Mango Salsa in 5-minute
Let’s have a look at how to moreover make this wonder dish just in a few minutes. For preparing mango dip, we will need:
- 2 large ripe mangoes
- 1 large onion
- 1 large Bell Pepper
- 2 tomatoes
- 3 Jalapenos
- ¼ cup cilantro
- 1 lemon
- Pinch of salt
- Roasted Cumin powder (optional)
- Dice the onions and tomatoes into small size cubes and add them to a mixing bowl.
- Roast the bell pepper on the stove for a few minutes, remove the peels, and dice it also into small cubes. If you like the raw bell pepper, you can also skip roasting it and add it to salsa by merely cutting into small cubes.
- Finely chop the cilantro and the jalapenos and add them to the bowl as well.
- Next, peel and chop the mangoes into small pieces before adding them to the vegetables and mix well.
- Sprinkle with the salt, lemon juice, and cumin powder and give it a thorough mix. Wrap the bow with the cling paper and also refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
Serve the salsa as an appetizer or as a side dish to your main course.
Healthy Add-ons to Mango Salsa:
Salsa is a very healthy and fulfilling recipe, and moreover if you are on a diet, you can think of it as food from heaven for you. To get a better taste and nutrition, you can:
- Add a pinch of spice mix or your favorite sauce to adjust the spice as per your taste. You can also increase the quantity of jalapenos into the salsa.
- Add avocados slices or avocado paste to it to make a perfect sandwich.
- Add seafood or meat chunks of your choice to get the protein you require.
You can use any mango in the salsa and can serve it both hot or cold. If you have prepared mango salsa more than you need, don’t worry, refrigerate the leftover in an airtight container as it likewise will stay fresh for about 4-5 days.