Want to add delicious desserts to the dinner for the special occasion but not satisfied with the taste of your nearby bakery? As it might have a very light or too strong rum taste in it. Let’s sort the problem by baking the cake by yourself. That, also with the help of 5 simple ingredients and using your necessary baking skills. So, surprise your family with this delicious, easy to make and freshly sweet Rum cake recipe.
Why Rum Cake Taste Varies:
You must be wondering why there is always a difference in the flavor of every dessert that you try. The most common reason is the quantity and type of rum you are using for making the base. Most of the bakers prefer Dark Rum for baking the batter, but you can opt for the one that you like.
The Frosting You Can Add:
You can usually have the rum cake as it is, with a light sugar dusting, a yellow pudding topping, or just with a glaze of rum and sugar syrup. But there is no end to the options of frosting you can serve your rum cake with. You can add freshly cut fruit chunks to the center of the cake or any other frosting of your choice, including buttercream, fudge, or cream cheese.
So, for making the rum cake, we will need:
- One pack of cake mix
- 4 ounces of pudding mix
- ½ cup butter
- Four large eggs
- ½ cup Rum of choice
Rum Glazing Sauce:
- ½ cup Rum of choice
- ¾ cup butter
- 1 cup Sugars
- ¼ cup of water
- Preheat the oven at 180O C.
- Whisk the dry ingredients together i.e., the Pudding and the cake mix.
- Take another bowl and add butter, Rum, and eggs to it. Now beat them with the help of an electric beater.
- Add the dry mix in steps and furthermore with continuous mixing to avoid lumps. If the batter is too thick, you can add a bit of warm water to it.
- Grease the rum cake mold with butter and also dust with the flour. Shift the batter to this mold.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes and take out the cake. Check the tenderness by inserting a toothpick; if it comes clean, the cake is ready.
Removal: Rum cake
- Now for the sauce, take a pan and melt butter in it before adding sugar and water to it and keep on stirring at low flame.
- After you get a precise mixture, remove it from the flame, and rest for a minute.
- Add rum to it and again heat for a while to mix it well with continuous stirring.
- Don’t let the mixture caramelized. Remove the flame and allow it to cool for a while.
- Prick the cake with a fork and pour the rum sauce on it.
- Let it rest for some time so that the cake may absorb the sauce well. Serve by cutting into slices.
You can also add nuts, resins, and berries to your cake batter and get an even enhanced taste. Try this recipe to improve your baking abilities and also get the taste that you desire in your rum cake.