Do you like Russian salads? Would you like to make one? The Russian salad recipe is straightforward and also quick to prepare for lunch parties at offices or dinner parties with friends and families. They are also usually found on restaurant menus. As it is quite refreshing and moreover filling, you can prepare it along with your regular meals or any day of the week. Follow some simple steps to make a healthy and nutritious Russian salad. But first, gather the following ingredients:
Ingredients To Find: Russian Salad Recipe
- Black pepper (2 pinches)
- Chicken (300 gm)
- Pineapple (sliced, 100 gm)
- Vegetable oil (1 tbsp.)
- Green beans (chopped, 10)
- Medium carrot (diced, 2)
- Peas (1/2 cup)
- Medium green pepper (cubed, ½ cup)
- Salt (3 pinches)
- Fresh ice cream (1/4 cup)
- Mayonnaise (3/4 cup)
- Salt (according to taste)
- Black pepper (2 pinches)
- Cheese spread (1 tbsp.)
Steps To Follow:
- First of all, take the chicken and wash it properly. Drain the excess water and moreover place the washed chicken in a pressure cooker. Add ½ cup water and ½ tsp. salt in it and boil it.
- Then wait for the cooker’s 1st whistle and simmer the chicken on low-level heat for 2 minutes. After simmering the chicken, switch off the flames.
- Next, remove bones from the meat and cut the meat into small-sized pieces. Then take a bowl and place these pieces in it along with 1 tbsp. oil and 1 tbsp. vinegar in it.
- Keep this bowl aside for about 15 minutes.
- Now it’s time to boil the veggies. Then take a bowl and add carrots, beans, peas, ½ tsp. salt and 2 cups of water in it and boil for about 3 minutes.
- Put some cold water in it and again strain them. Keep the cooked veggies aside. Then mix pepper, salt, cheese spread, cream, and mayonnaise. Mix them properly before baking pineapple slices and squeeze them thoroughly to remove extra syrup if you select to use canned ones. Chop them very fine.
- Finally, its “assembling-all-the-ingredients” time. Add the shredded chicken.
- If you are a vegan, you can go for boiled paneer or potato, capsicum, boiled veggies, and chopped pineapples to mayonnaise.
- Mix them gently before mixing, taste the final mixture, and adjust the seasonings according to your taste. If required, add some more pepper in it. Keep it aside until you have to serve it.
- To serve, if it appears extra thick, you can add milk to it. Cool the salad and then serve it. Enjoy!
Health benefits: Russian Salad Recipe
Following are some health benefits which are available to you through this salad:
- It is a natural source of fiber.
- There are a lot of nutritional benefits of fresh vegetables and likewise fruits.
- It is excellent for your weight control.
- It will provide you healthy fats.
In simple words, Russian salad is an ideal way to counter the scorching heat of summers. It is a classic salad which adds charm to a party. It goes amazingly well with both Indian and continental cuisine. You need very few ingredients and very little time to prepare it for your hungry guests.