Did you know 3 ounces of cod has ninety calories and 1 gram of fat only? This and likewise many other reasons are why you should try these simple cod recipes. Whether it’s baked cod or fried cod, the fish makes for a fast dinner service any day.
Baked Cod: Simple Cod Recipes
These natural baked cods are worth a try for sure. It uses everyday spices and also ingredients to take your experience to the next level:
- 1 lb. cod fillets washed and drained
- Secondly 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp of lemon juice
- 3 pinches of cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 tbsp parsley sliced
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees and prep a tray before placing the cod on to it
- Pour on the olive oil next with the lemon juice and moreover sprinkle on the cayenne pepper and salt
- Place the tray in the oven for 12 minutes and also serve with parsley on top!
Cod With Tomatoes:
This 25-minute dish has all the winning ingredients too, therefore, make a killer meal. The tomatoes provide the zest that combines well with the warm flesh of the cod. You need:
- 3 tbsp of olive oil
- 2 cups of cherry tomatoes
- 5 cod fillets of about 1 1/4 lb. each
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chili flakes to garnish
- Zest of lemon with its slices
- 3 cloves of cut garlic
- 1/4 cup of basil leaves chopped
- Start the oven to 400 degrees and take a baking dish before pouring oil into it
- In it spread out the slices of garlic uniformly. Next toss in the lemon slices and tomatoes, mix and drag them on to one side of the tray
- Take a towel and pat the cod dry before placing it on a tray and rotate to coat the fish with the oil thoroughly
- Also cover the fish with the tomato mix in the tray before sprinkling pepper, chili flakes, and salt
- Bake the fish for 9 minutes, take it out and stir. Now sprinkle the zest on top and place it back for 5 minutes
- Place the fish on to a plate, toss on the basil leaves on top and serve!
Simple Piccata: Simple Cod Recipes
This makes for a delicious dish that has a beautiful glaze on the outside and lots of peas on top. You need:
- 2-3 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 lb. cod fillets
- 2 tbsp grapeseed oil, divided
- 3/4 cup chicken stock
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- 3 tbsp of lemon juice
- 1/4 cup capers washed
- 2 tbsp parsley sliced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Take a container, combine the salt, flour before washing and drying the fish properly
- Coat the fish in the mix next and heat a pan with oil
- Add the fish into the oil and cook for 3 minutes each side before taking it out
- In the same pan, pour the stock, capers, lemon juice, and stir
- When it’s thick, take off the heat and pour a tbsp of grapeseed oil.
- Pour the oil mix on to the cod and top with parsley before tucking in.
These recipes are tender, delicious, and easy to make any day. Moreover, the dishes are = healthy and succulent!