You don’t have any idea how to make smoked, baked beans? Are you looking for the best recipe to make smoked pinto beans? These beans are an essential addition to summer food ideas. For a BBQ cookout, it is a perfect side dish idea. It is a saucy and bold dish having a robust blend of numerous flavors. The recipe which we bring for you is an excellent combination of heat and sweet with a dash of smoke. This classic smoked baked beans recipe is the ideal and best one you may have come across for some time, which is infused with bacon and smoke.
Smoked recipes are the best:
These smoked dishes are absolute must-try foods for summer and spring season. Although many people love just to smoke meat in their smoker. But you can smoke other side dishes too. Side dishes are some of the best smoke recipes. You would probably prefer a smoked side food over an ordinary side food once you get a taste of smoker side recipes. Whenever you go for a BBQ cookout, you must have seen smoked, and moreover baked beans are always accompanying BBQ foods. Surely you must have tried smoked baked beans, but the one which this recipe makes will make you forget about all the other baked beans you had ever tasted.
To make these yummy beans, you will be needing:
- Pecan wood chunks (3-4)
- Secondly Large cans pinto beans (rinsed and drained, 2)
- Lemon juice (2tsps.)
- Broad can bean (rinsed and drained, 1)
- Steak seasoning (4 tsp)
- Olive oil (2 tbsps.)
- Worcestershire sauce (4 tsp)
- Bacon strips (chopped, 12)
- Dijon Mustard (2 tbsps.)
- Red bell peppers (diced, 4)
- White vinegar (6 tbsps.)
- Yellow onions (diced, 2)
- Molasses (1/4 cup)
- Garlic cloves (chopped, 2)
- Brown sugar (1/2 cup)
- Chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (chopped, 4)
- Water (1 cup)
- Ketchup (1 ½ cups)
Procedure: smoked baked beans
- You will start by preheating the smoker to 121 degrees C and toss 3-4 wood chunks on fire.
- Then take a large aluminum pan, add beans in it, and set aside.
- Next, place a large skillet over medium to high heat and heat olive oil in it.
- When the oil is heated up, add onions, bacon, and bell peppers and cook them until they turn brown and golden.
- After they get this brownish color, add garlic in them and cook for two more minutes.
- Stir in lemon juice, chipotle peppers, steak seasoning, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, water, Dijon mustard, brown sugar, white vinegar, and likewise molasses.
- Simmer them for up to 5 minutes. Then get the aluminum pan having beans in it and put this mixture in it. Stir the mixture gently along with all the ingredients.
- Then in your smoker, place the aluminum pan. Cook it for 2 hours and stir after every 20 minutes.
- After beans are baked, remove them from the smoker and likewise let them rest for about half an hour. Serve freshly smoked baked beans with smoked wings also smoked spare ribs.
These smoked beans recipes are simple, elegant, and have amazing flavor profiles to enjoy. Make sure to try it!