Do you know the ideal way to prepare for a party on a sunny summer is? Well, of course, you have to go for the backyard BBQ party to beat the heat by socializing and avoiding the extensive cooking. But wait, that’s not it; the major part of party planning is still pending, aka yes, the menu. Now your menu should be that is easy and quick to make and delicious and tempting. If you are low on ideas, do not worry as today we will share with you 5 healthy cookout foods idea that your guests would love to eat.
Greek Salad: Cookout Foods
To start, the essential thing is the salad, but the Greek Salad is not that basic rather, you can serve it as a full meal.
- ½ cup sliced onion
- 1 cup bell chopped pepper
- One cup cucumber chopped
- 1 cup wedged tomatoes
- ½ cup diced olives
- 4 cups chopped lattice
- 100 grams Feta cheese
- ½ cup virgin oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup olives
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp mustard
- 2 tsp honey
- ½ cup red wine
- Now in a wide bowl, place all the ingredients into it.
- Toss them and serve.
Try the Hawaiian chicken recipe if you are not a fan of too spicy BBQ, or there are kids also in the get-together.
- ½ pound chicken thighs
- ½ cup of soy sauce
- 1 cup pineapple chunks
- ¼ cup pineapple juice
- ½ cup of coconut milk
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ tsp minced garlic
- Mix soy sauce, coconut milk, pineapple juice and brown sugar in a bowl.
- Marinate the chicken and pineapple in this mixture overnight and grill to serve.
Buffalo Chicken Dip Cups: Cookout Foods
These snacks will help your guests to hold their hunger until the BBQ is done.
- 10-ounce wonton wraps
- ¾ cup cream cheese
- ½ cup wing sauce
- 3 cup boiled shredded chicken
- ½ cup blue cheese
- 3 green onions finely chopped
- 1 tsp vinegar
- Sum all the ingredients in a bowl and mix them well except for the wanton wraps.
- Place the wraps in the greased cupcake mold, fill them with the mixture and bake to serve.
Grilled Squash Garlic Bread:
Make your garlic bread much healthy by adding veggies to it. This garlic bread would be more like a sandwich.
- 8 bread Slices
- 2 small zucchinis
- 2 small squash
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- Bunch of chopped scallions
- 1 tsp finely chopped garlic
- Slice the zucchini and squash lengthwise and grill them along with scallion.
- Mix garlic in the olive oil and apply them on the bread and toast them.
- Top the toasted bread with the grill veggies and serve.
Grilled Peach With Coconut Ice-Cream:
Of course, you have to have something to refresh your guest within the hot summer season party, and nothing can do that better than ice-cream.
- ½ tsp coconut oil
- 5 peaches
- 1 container Coconut ice-cream
- Maple syrup for topping
- Grill the halved and pitted peaches by the apply coconut oil on them.
- Allow them to cool and place side by side with scoops of ice-cream in the cup and top with the maple syrup to serve.
So, don’t let the summer stop you from partying. Enjoy your friend and family get together and treat them with these delicious food ideas.