Looking forward to making an apple pie with juicy filling and a crispy crust? Why not try the traditional apple pie recipe? As it is a right from the scratch recipe that likewise does not make use of any can food or readily available ingredients. But once you bake it, you will agree that it worth the effort that it needs. So, let’s have a detailed look at how to bake this tasty sweet apple pie at home.
We will divide the recipe into two parts one is making the filling, and the other is preparing the dough for the crust. The following components will make a 10-inch green apple pie, and for baking it we will need:
Dough For Crust: traditional apple pie recipe
- ½ cup butter
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup of ice water
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ cup granular sugar
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 3 tbsp. corn starch
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 2 ½ pound of apples
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
We will start making the apple pie by first kneading the dough by following below mentioned steps:
Kneading The Dough:
- Take the frozen butter for the dough and grate it and again refrigerate.
- Sieve out flour in a mixing bowl and add salt and the grated butter. Mix them together with hands to get a small crumbly texture.
- Add ice water at this point and remix it with a wooden spoon or by using hands.
- Transfer the dough to your clean counter and try to knead it while being cold.
- Don’t let the temperature of the dough rise. (As quickly as you work out the dough the better results you will get)
- After you get a smooth consistency, roll the dough into a big ball and also flatten with the rolling pin to form a sheet.
- The sheet needs to be spread to an ideal dimension. Place it on a tray, let the pie rest for about an hour or so.
Pie Filling Method: Traditional Apple Pie Recipe
- Take a small bowl and add brown sugar, sugar, spice, and likewise corn starch to mix them together and set aside.
- Peel and slice the apples, toss them in lemon juice, and also add the sugar and spice mix.
- Mix them thoroughly so that the apple slices are fully covered with all the ingredients.
Assembling And Baking:
- Start the oven to 180O Degrees. Take a Baking tray of around 10-inches and grease it with butter and dust with the flour.
- Divide the crust sheet into two, spread on the greased baking tray, and spread the apple filling on the bottom crust uniformly
- to cover the filling with the other half of the crust sheet and lock the edges by pressing with a fork.
- You can also decorate the top with specific crust cutting instead of fully covering it.
- Brush the top with egg wash and bake it for at least 45 minutes. Take out and allow it to cool. Serve by cutting into pies.
So, try this traditional Apple pie recipe to experience the taste and texture you will never forget. Although it does not require any topping, you can still serve it with fresh cream, cream cheese, honey, or berry sauce.